Google is organising team-based programming competition, Hash Code 2021 for engineering students.
Google, LLC is an American multinational technology company that specializes in Internet-related services and products, which include online advertising technologies, a search engine, cloud computing, software, and hardware.
About Hash Code 2021
Google’s team-based programming competition, Hash Code, allows you to share your skills and connect with other coders as you work together to solve a problem modeled off a real Google engineering challenge.
In small teams of two to four, coders all over the world will tackle the first problem through an Online Qualification. Though this round is hosted online, teams can come together virtually to compete side-by-side in locally coordinated Hash Code Hubs. The top teams from this round are invited to join for the virtual World Finals.
How it Works?
- Once you’ve registered for the contest, you’ll gain access to our Judge System. The Judge System is our online platform where you’ll form your team, join a Hub, practice, and compete during the rounds.
- During the Online Qualification, you’ll watch their YouTube livestream to be introduced to the problem, and your team will have four hours to solve an optimization problem using the programming language and tools of your choice.
- Teams can also compete alongside other teams in your area by joining a virtual Hub . The top teams from the Online Qualification will be invited to the virtual World Finals, where they’ll work together to solve another challenge and compete for cash prizes.
|Team Rank||Prize Money Per Participant|
|1st Place||$4,000 USD|
|2nd Place||$2,000 USD|
|3rd Place||$1,000 USD|
Members of Teams that submit a solution scoring at least one (1) point during either the Online Qualification or World Finals are eligible to receive a downloadable and printable certificate, which will be accessible from their Contest Profile approximately a month after each Round’s completion.
You must be at least sixteen (16) years of age at the time you register for a Contest in order to participate in the Contest; however, to participate in a final round of Code Jam or Hash Code, you must be at least eighteen (18) years old or the age of majority in your country of residence (whichever is greater) at the time of your initial registration for Code Jam or Hash Code.
In order to enter a Contest, you must have
- access to the Internet, and
- a valid Google account.
How to Register?
Interested participants can register for the competition through this link.
- Hub registration opens: Nov 23, 2020
- Individual registration opens: Jan 7 2021, 17:00 (UTC)
- Hub registration closes: Feb 18 2021, 16:00 (UTC)
- Individual registration closes: Feb 22 2021, 11:00 (UTC)
- Online qualification: Feb 25 2021, 17:30 (UTC) to Feb 25 2021, 21:30 (UTC)
- Online qualification round: results announced: Mar 2, 2021
- Final round: April 24, 2021
For more details, click the link below.